The instructions in this manual are made with the intention of making owners safely use the boat for training and racing. The M32 is a high performance competition boat designed and dimensioned for inshore racing and should be used accordingly.
We want to stress the importance of having the rig according to the recommended settings with the spreader angle, prebend, diamond tension and mast rake being the key parameters.
• Prebend should be a minimum of 70mm with full main and 80mm when sailing with a reef. When measuring the prebend the mast supports shall be placed 150cm above the bottom end of the mast and one 20cm above the upper diamond stay fitting
•Mast rake should be 480mm
Additional important information while sailing:
• The forestays and shrouds should be tight at all times so they need to be tightened if they stretch. The forestays take the majority of the load going upwind, not the gennaker luff.
• When not manuevering only one daggerboard should be fully down
• To prevent damage to the rudders do not let the tiller go while reversing, this is overloading the rudder head as well as the blade.
• Ensure that the cunningham line is not resting on the diamond stay, a dyneema can be put around the gooseneck to get a better angle for the ring/block